Urinary Catheterisation Training
||9.30 am - 4.30 pm
|Dates & Venues:
15 September, at Redwood House, Gloucester Royal.
15 October, at St Pauls Medical Centre, Cheltenham
7 November, at Redwood House, Gloucester Royal.
8 December, at St Pauls Medical Centre, Cheltenham
This training session focuses on the theoretical
framework that underpins the skills of male and female
There is also an opportunity to practice your skill in a
safe environment on both male and female maniquins.
The session is designed for any health care professional
who is required to undertake these procedures. It is ideal
for those new to catheterisation or those who just want to
update their knowledge.
Topics covered include:
- Training needs, accountability issues, legal & ethical
- Indications for catheterisation
- Complications of urinary catheterisation
- Supra pubic catheterisation & changes of catheter
- Asepsis & infection control
- Anatomy of the male and female urinary tract
- Clinical skills assessment
This session runs in the
morning, prior to the catheter care training. Learners can
attend for the whole day, or just the morning or afternoon